8.14.2011

Rootbeer Cookies



Root Beer Cookies
6 doz cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar, packed (I used dark brown)
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate or extract (I used 1 teaspoon concentrate) If My tiny country grocery store had this, I bet yours does too! in the spice isle, right beside the other extracts.4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans. (I was out of nuts so I left em out)

Frosting (I doubled this)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons root beer concentrate or extract

  1. cream butter and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in Buttermilk & root beer concentrate. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, stir in nuts.
  2. Drop by rounded tablespoons 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake at 375 degrees f. for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. remove to wire racks to cool.
  4. in a mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients together, beat until smooth.
  5. Frost cooled cookies.
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment